Sometimes I get asked where do you find enough to write about? And the answer is from a multitude of sources:
- Suggested links from my Twitter community
- The bookmarked sites of my network on delicious (is it me or does it feel weird not writing it as del.icio.us any more?)
- I scan over 400 blogs and news sites in my RSS reader, here is a link to the sites sorted into categories
- I have been a bit slack on this lately, but I try to get out and meet people, preferably those that have a different perspective to me
- I am a subscriber to some web 1.0 media that comes up with great content. Examples of this include David Farber‘s Interesting People email list, HolyMoly, Popbitch and the conferences on prototype online social community The Well
- The company I work for has a very email-centric culture: whilst it means that I go in every morning to do battle with an inbox bursting out of control, I also get sent links to great materials.
- Mainstream media: I am addicted to includes Wired magazine, Monocle, Geek and the US edition of Esquire
I’m going to tag Jonny Rosemont, Wadds and James Gordon-Mackintosh to find out what inspires their blog posts. Also going to be in Barcelona next week looking for web.20ish or cultural recommendations to try whilst there (the comments box is now open).