Iain Tait and the merry pranksters at Poke London have refreshed Orange’s virtual pressroom to bring it into the 21st century. Jessica Levco posted ten factors that she felt made an ideal modern pressroom.
- List contact information
- Make it easy to find
- Keep the URL short and simple
- Make press releases searchable
- Talk about your competitors
- Include a subscribe button
- Eliminate passwords
- Include copyright information
- Provide multimedia content
- List bios of key executives
I’d add to this list search engine optimisation to ensure that the pressroom can be found easily via Google. Atomise your content such as your image library on services like Flickr, preferably under a creative commons licence.
Any other suggestions?