Choice vinyl currently gracing the turntables and enjoying heavy rotation at chez r.c are:
- Market House vs Natural Rhythm – Treat you sweet – Detour West coast in the the house. Quality production from the California based house music label with some nice vocals.
- Johnny Fiasco – South of the border ep – Agave Johnny has a number of rocking tunes representing the west coast house sound at the moment. Agave is not a label I was familar with but has now being added to the watch list for the new hotness.
- Woody Braun and Allonymous – Finding words ain’t easy – Most Records Nice acid influenced mixes straight out of France with more jumping up and down power than most jackin’ trax
- Shur-i-kan – Waypoints ep – Freerange Records Some jacking style house for the noughties with Brett Johnson on the mix, lovely desolate artwork too that fits the atmospherics of the record well.
- Ron Legend$ presents – The Legend$ ep – Nigel Records Taking a leaf out of Paul Raymond’s book, this record raids the crates providing a re-tempoised version of the Nick Straker Band’s – A little bit of jazz. Originally an early 1980s club classic played in seminal New York and Chicago Warehouse, Paradise Garage and the Fun House that led to the house music revolution the wheel has turned full circle. The work has been done in a sympathetic way to the original and it is a testament to the Nick Straker band that the synth lines, vocals and groove sound so modern.
- Marc Moulin – Silver – Blue Note Records Jazzzz. Blue Note is the legendary jazz label with a reputation for quality and this track has jazz in spades. the Groove Warrior mix is DJ and dancefloor friendly
- Dope Twins – Community Recordings remix – Dope Great house groover on artist’s own label.
- Swirl Peepz – Lotta fun – Odds and Ends Music Deep house out of spook central (Fairfax Virginia, home of the NSA). Great grooves, nuff said.
- Vibezelect – Do what you know – Compu_Sol Deep house with real atmosphere, especially the Vienna Sol Remix.