Lanson Place Hotel is a five-star hotel in the Causeway Bay neighbourhood of Hong Kong island. The entrance on Keswick Street is hidden until you come upon it, however entrance into the ground floor lobby leaves you in no doubt that you have reached the hotel.
Causeway Bay is a melange of jewellers, gift shops, DVDs and CDs of interesting provenance, restaurants, markets and high-end shops (Louis Vuitton and Ferrari) in the immediate neighbourhood of the hotel. Luxury sitting cheek by jowl with local shops gives you a real flavour of the island. It is also within a few minutes walk of Causeway Bay MTR mass transit station making the rest of Hong Kong within easy reach (not that you’d be struggling to get anywhere anyway because taxis are so easy to find).
The hotel is managed by USI Holdings; a Hong Kong company better known for managing serviced apartments throughout Asia Pacific. It’s philosophy in hotel room design is reflected in their heritage in serviced apartments. The room has a lot of nice touches:
- An alarm clock that you can jack your iPod into
- A walk-in wet room bathroom
- A personal safe big enough to hold a laptop and a mains plug so that you can charge it whilst you keep it safe
- A kitchen unit with fridge, microwave and two cooker rings that allows you to make a cup of tea or cook up a meal made from fresh ingredients bought at the market Jardine’s Bizaar two streets over
- Free broadband internet and enough room sockets to charge your cell phone and surf the internet on your laptop at the same time
- A TV with a decent selection of channels and a library of DVDs and reading material available if HBO doesn’t appeal
Lanson Place is an ideal base of operations for a holiday or a business trip to Hong Kong.