Links of the day | 在网上找到

Windows 8 falls to 6.66% share as Windows 8.1 hits 2.64%, but combined the duo barely grows to 9.3% – PC platform maturation, touch lack of a compelling reason to upgrade?

prosthetic knowledge — 252 Byte Demos of P01 Visual coding experiments… – inspirational

Nobel prize winning economist warns against US bubble

App Publish | Mobile Advertising – InMobi – simplified app store

Black Friday 2013 Report – IBM – PDF

Wolfram’s next thing – sentient applications

New Linux worm targets routers, cameras etc

The fall (and rise?) of Yahoo!

Could Social Media Storytelling Help Apparel Retailers Stave Off the Discounts This Christmas? – Analyst Insight from Euromonitor International

Samsung’s ads are working, but not as well as it wants – Relentless advertising has helped Samsung take top spot in the global smartphone market, but it’s also given the company another title: it’s one of the biggest ad spenders around

Renren announces third quarter loss – reduced revenue from advertising and gaming, down some 5.6% year-on-year

Bigger (Data) Is Not Always Better – In2

R Kelly sets up ‘Black Panties hotline’ to promote new albumCallers can sign up to receive eight messages a month from US R&B star – old school marketing channel

Samsung execs to discuss ‘crisis awareness’ at huge company meeting.Samsung’s management team is meeting from December 17th through the 20th to discuss its plans for the next year, and one of the main topics is “crisis awareness,” ZDNet reported. – PR opportunity?

Mac vs Chromebook: Google employees instructed to use OS X computers | BGR

Harvard Materials Scientists Invents 3D Printing Tech for BatteriesA materials scientist from Harvard University named Jennifer Lewis and her team have invented a new ink and printing process that allows or the manufacture of 3D printed batteries at room temperature. The scientists say that the tech is still at an early stage, but shows promise.

How Important are the MINT Countries to the Global Economy? – This acronym stands for Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey.

India probing Ericsson over essential patentsIndia’s antitrust regulator has launched a probe into Ericsson over allegations the company is making excessive royalty demands for standards-essential patents.

You lost the love…. are mobile operators the new banks in terms of branding