I hope that all readers enjoy a relaxing Easter break.
Things that made my day this week:
My colleague Jackie shared video which was created a few years ago for Craftsman tools (think Black and Decker meets Stanley)
The newly launched Design My Samsonite campaign which seems like a simple, but smart way to move the discussion on about luggage for a non-premium, non-luxury brand
The Brian Blessed alarm clock for iPhone. A booming voice with classic Shakespearean quotes.
Apple’s retail experience has moved beyond a product experience to become central to modern-day culture, as shown by this spoof in an advert by Somersby Cider
Finally, I got a good infographic on mobile payments:
Jason is now known as the poster child e-commerce with Fab.com, in a prior role I had Jason as a client as he tried to transform recruiting in a similar way.
The video is on YouTube so may not be available to all readers.
- Globally, five percent of retail is now online
- Move to e-commerce for emotional products is more about wow factor rather than price
- Global love for great product design
- Furniture, jewellery and art online have double and triple digit growth in sales
- More than 50 per cent of Fab’s sales can be on mobile during a given day, aggregates out to 35-40 per cent overall
- Consumers shop brands: product brands and retail brands. Expectation of online experience and product portfolio